Hey love bugs,
When considering romantic dishes, nothing proves better than a glass of crisp white wine and creamy pasta. My honey bun and I are head over heels in love pasta dishes such as lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, and of course, creamy chicken carbonara. Fortunately, my first love with Creamy Chicken Carbonara started with my frequent visits to Cheesecake Factory during college. Now let’s be clear, NO ONE should ever go to Cheesecake Factory without obviously purchasing a slice of cheesecake! However, there were many times that I wanted a hearty bowl of creamy pasta and bacon…lots and lots of crispy bacon.
Traditionally, a Roman dish – see, Rome…ROMANCE…ha, told you it was perfect – Pasta Carbonara denotes pasta tossed in a cheesy egg sauce. Over the decades, the dish has evolved to include crispy back, lots of cheese, chicken and cream! MY GOSH, did I mention this was romantic, delicious,
Perfect for Valentine’s Day, that’s all I’m saying.
Not only is this dish just sinfully delicious, but it is also quick and easy! In 25 minutes tops, you have a decadent, creamy pasta dish for two! And if you really want to spice up the night, throw in a couple bottles of Chardonnay, rose petals, and chocolate…lots of chocolate.
Wine, chocolate, and bacon. Recipe for Romance: You’re welcome.
Seasoned with Love,
Creamy Chicken Carbonara
- 1 pkg. Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 slices of Bacon
- 1 tbs. Minced Garlic
- 1 lb. Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast Chunks
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Pepper
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 c. Heavy Cream
- 3 Medium Egg Yolks
- 1 c. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbs. Parsley
- 1 tbs. Basil
- Boil spaghetti in salt water with olive oil for perfectly seasoned pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- Add bacon and garlic to a skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp enough to crumble. Remove from pan.
- With about 2 tbs. of bacon grease remaining in skillet, add chicken breast chunks seasoned with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and salt. Cook until completely done with no pink centers.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix heavy cream, egg yolks, parmesan cheese, black pepper, parsley, and basil. Set Aside.
- Once chicken is cooked til done, add bacon, garlic, cooked spaghetti, and parmesan cream mix to pan over medium heat.
- Stir and mix until cream starts to thicken. DO NOT BOIL as this may scramble the egg yolks.
- Once sauce has thickened to likeness, top with extra parmesan and serve immediately with a glass of chardonnay and garlic toast!!!